The Interinstitutional Doctorate of Educational Psychology (DIPE) is a shared initiative of four Catalan universities —Universitat de Barcelona, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Universitat de Girona and Universitat Ramon Llull—, leading at the acquisition of a Doctor of Philosophy degree. It runs under the coordination of the University of Barcelona, however, a variety of research groups on educational psychology participating in the program offer the doctoral students:
- A broad range of topics and lines of research to enter and explore;
- An updated, state-of-the-art view in the field of educational psychology;
- A panoramic view of current epistemological and methodological approaches in this field;
- A working network with other Spanish and foreign universities and research groups;
- A direct learning experience of research methods and procedures by means of a training program embedded in the current work of the research groups.